CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS
The NCI Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (CRCHD) is requesting that grantees submit one abstract of original and recent research to be considered for presentation during this year’s Professional Development Workshop and Mock Review (PDW&MR) scheduled June 3-4, 2019. The poster session facilitates networking and encourages scientific collaborations among attendees.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
Career Development (K Awards) and iCURE grantees are required to submit an abstract. All other CRCHD grantees are encouraged to submit an abstract.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, April 12, 2019
Abstract Acceptance Confirmation: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
A select number of poster presenters will be invited to give a 2-minute oral presentation during a plenary session, in addition to presenting at the poster session. Presenters will be notified in advance if they are selected.
If your abstract is selected for a poster flash talk, a PDF of your completed poster must be uploaded to the website.
Click here to upload a PDF file of your poster.
Poster Submission Deadline (If Selected for a Flash Talk):
Monday, May 20, 2019
ABSTRACT SELECTION CRITERIA
Abstract submissions will be evaluated and selected for poster presentation based on research quality, innovation, methodology, results, and contribution to knowledge. You will be notified via email by Tuesday, April 30, 2019, as to whether your abstract submission has been selected for poster presentation only or poster presentation and flash talk.
Poster presentations are scheduled for Monday, June 3, 2019
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please carefully read and follow the Abstract Submission and Poster Presentation Guidelines. All submitted abstracts must follow the format of the template provided or they will not be reviewed.
Abstracts must be submitted online using minimal text formatting (i.e., tables, etc.).
Submissions should highlight novel scientific findings from the following four categories: basic, behavioral/population, clinical or translational studies in cancer, and/or cancer health disparities research.
You must register for the PDW & MR before submitting an abstract.
- Submitted abstracts MUST NOT EXCEED 300 words (authors and affiliations are not included in the count).
- Abstracts must be single-spaced in Arial 12 font with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Abstracts must include the following and must be submitted using the provided abstract template:
a) Title: Abstract title must be in bold and indicate the content of the abstract.
b) Authors: Abstracts must include author and/or coauthors listed and grouped together (last name, first initial, middle initial). The primary presenter’s name should be listed first. Omit academic degrees and titles, but include institutional affiliations for each of the collaborating and corresponding authors.
c) Introduction/Background: Provide a brief description of the background, hypothesis, and objectives of the study.
d) Methods: Provide a summary of the experimental methods and/or procedures.
e) Results: Provide a summary of the data and results obtained.
f) Conclusions: Provide the conclusions and implications of the work, including the significance of the finding(s).
g) Funding: Include information about funding that supported the study.
- Abstracts should be uploaded and submitted in BOTH PDF and Microsoft Word formats.
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
- Posters will be displayed on 4’ high X 6’ wide poster boards.
- Push pins will be provided to affix your poster to the board.
- Posters must be printed in advance.
- Poster numbers will be provided in your registration folder.
- Posters must be set up and dismantled during the allotted time provided; these times will be posted at a later date.
- Removal and collection of posters are the responsibility of the author(s). Posters not removed by the indicated dismantle time will be removed and disposed of by meeting staff.
If you experience any difficulty uploading and/or submitting your abstract or have any questions regarding the PDW&MR, please contact Ms. Michelle Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org (240-752-7237).